Submit Your Entry
Time left to upload your entry:
2023 America's State Parks Photo Contest Details and Entry Form
- Please read the Official Contest Rules.
We are seeking photos that share the best of America's State Parks in the following five categories. Photographs taken in other locations not managed by America's State Parks do not qualify.
- Friends and Family
- Scenic and Seasons
- All photographs must be taken on lands managed by America's State Parks between May 15, 2021, and July 15, 2023.
- Contest entries are accepted from the start of contest on May 15, 2023, 12 a.m. ET to July 15, 2023 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Winners will be announced by December 31, 2023.
How to Submit?
- Entries must be submitted by the original creator.
- Submit photos in JPEG format.
- Ensure that the photo is 3 MB or larger with high resolution (300 DPI) as the winning photos must work in print.
- There is a limit of forty (40) entries total per individual. Additional entries received from any individual beyond the fortieth entry will be void.
- Please allow at least 2-3 business days for moderation.
How are the Photos Judged?
Photos will be judged on the following criteria: originality, artistic composition, technical quality, and whether the photograph showcases the best of America's State Parks camping and outdoor activities.
Who's Eligible to Enter?
- Legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, who are at least 18 years of age and of the age of majority or older in the state of their residence at the time of entry.
- Photographs must be taken by you, and you must have the rights to the photo.
Who's Ineligible to Enter?
- Employees of the participating agencies and sponsors and their family members are not eligible to win prizes.
- Photographs(s) created by someone other than you but submitted by you will be disqualified.
What Not to Do
- Photographs with any watermarks, writing, or symbols of any kind will be disqualified.
- Do not alter or manipulate photos except for cropping, red eye removal, and/or adjustment of contrast and brightness. However, photographic techniques such as HDR, light-painting, and long exposures are allowed.
- No AI generated photos.
- Don't break any laws or rules.
- Don't do anything unsafe.
- Don't photograph anything that is inappropriate, indecent or obscene.
What to Do
- Enjoy the outdoors and share it with us!
- Tell your friends!